Tuesday, April 5, 2011
A day without shoes: Don't get cold feet!
I'm sure you ladies have all heard (and own a pair) of TOMS shoes. Not only are they super cute, fashionable, and very comfortable, but the company was built on a good cause. Every pair of shoes bought, the company donates a pair of shoes to a child in need. In case you didn't know, millions of children around the world grow up without shoes with leaves them at risk for serious disease and infection. Its hard to imagine, as I know I take my shoes for granted, and I am as what you would call a self-proclaimed shoe addict. I have two pairs of TOMS shoes in my collection. And I wear the hell out of my black TOMS because they match with everything and I need to wear closed-toe shoes for my labs.
Well today, April 5th I will participating in A day without Shoes. I am going a day without shoes not only to see what its like but to most importantly raise awareness. I encourage (or challenge) everyone to participate, as this is for a great cause. I'm sure I'm going to be getting lots of stares as I walk around campus tomorrow, but thats the point! Even if you have requirements where you have to wear shoes I challenge you to go any time period possible or even do an activity without shoes. If you can't participate you should still check out the TOMS website and invest in a pair of shoes as its for a good cause. I picked out some of my favorite styles:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...




No comments:
Post a Comment