Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cabo San Lucas--43 things

 # 17 Travel to a new city/state/country

Yes! I am finally writing an entry about my vacation to Cabo San Lucas last week. Let me just start off by saying that I had a blast! It was seriously one of the best vacations of my life. I have such a great group of friends and I am so glad that the 8 of us can go on a vacation and have a good time with zero drama. I am blessed to have these ladies in my life. As you know, I went on a carnival cruise which stopped in cabo for 2 days. Our time on the ship was so much fun. We laid out on deck and tanned, worked out, went in the pools and hot-tubs, did little activities on the ship, at night we danced at the club until the early morning, and we ate to our hearts content. I seriously gained 5 pounds from this vacation!  

Day 1 in cabo was spent going to a bar called billygans and laying on the beach there all day. It was very relaxed, but we still had fun by entering competitions and dancing haha. We ended up going to mango deck later that day but didn't stay too long. It was pretty spring break infested, and I didn't really care to watch the wet t-shirt contest especially since I knew some of the girls who participated. *Barf* Day 2 in cabo our group had split up. Half the group went to lovers beach which is only accessible by a water taxi. The other half of us decided to hangout out downtown and doing a little bar-hopping and shopping. What we didn't know was that we would be a complete shitshow. We didn't realize how early it was but we basically started drinking at 9:30am and were drunk by 12:00. We ended up going to 5 different bars and fell in love with all our waiters. They were so nice and so much fun. We had to leave at 2:15pm  which was good because we were downright wasted.  I guess what most people are concerned about when it comes to Mexico is all the violence that is going on. I did not feel creeped out or in danger at any moment, but I would not go wandering down the street by myself. We always stayed in groups the whole time and we were only there in the daytime. As long as you stay in touristy areas (along the beach) then you have no reason to worry or feel unsafe. I had a great time in Cabo and I encourage everyone to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts