Sunday, February 13, 2011
A Single's Guide to Valentines Day
Its not surprising that Valentines Day has been deemed singles awareness day. In between the shades of red and pink, the chocolates and the sweets, the teddy bears and the cards, the romanticism and the down right mushiness, valentines day can really make a single girl feel out the loop. On this day many single girls can unite over the major slump they feel. But why so? Do we need a fancy romantic date in order for Valentine's Day to be considered a success? Most definitely not! Here are some tips for a highly successful valentines day for beautiful, young, single women.
1. Celebrate you
The most important relationship in life is the one with yourself. You will have this body, mind, and soul for the rest of your live so you better learn to love and appreciate yourself. Use valentines day as a way to express and show self-love. Pamper yourself with a day of manicures/pedicures, messages, spa date, or whatever makes you happy. Do something for your self to show yourself how much you care. Sometimes it is important to put yourself first. Another tip is to write a letter to yourself. Write down all the things you love about yourself, and things about you that will never change about you whether you be in a relationship or single. Take valentines day as a day to strengthen self-love and appreciation!
2. Celebrate strong women
Where would we be if it weren't for the help of strong women? Whether it be a mom, a grandma, or girlfriends--let those women know how much they mean to you. There can be stronger love between two women then between a women and a man. Call up a friend you haven't seen in a while to tell them how much you love and appreciate them. Take out an aunt to lunch in appreciation of the love and guidance she has showed you. There are still ways to show love on valentine's outside of a relationship with a man and without being romantic.
3. Surround yourself
One of the most depressing things for a single girl on valentine's day is being alone.....so don't be! Surround yourself by friends in a similar situation. Invite them over for a chill move & popcorn night. Have a dinner night where you guys all pitch in to learn a new recipe. Through a little party and sip on fruity cocktails. You can still have fun and be single on valentines day. As far as I know there is no rule in the book saying that you must be stuck alone in your apartment binging on chocolate....which is actually just plain wrong.
4. Learn something New
I am all about learning new things and going on adventures. Why don't you take the night off to learn something new--a craft, a make-up look, a re-style, etc. By learning something new you'll be feeling like valentines day was no waste at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...



No comments:
Post a Comment