Its that time of the year again. I love the fabulous feelings that come with christmas time and everything about it. The decorations, the cold weather, the food, every christmas song and movie that plays, you name it--I love it! Unfortunately, its hard to get caught up in everything that comes with christmas. And we often don't take a step back to realize that THERE ARE many people out there that are a lot less fortunate, and need help in some way or form. I'm planning on donating some of the money I make with my next paycheck to an organization or two, and I hope you guys will do the same. Here are a few ways you can give back this season. You will make the biggest difference in someone's life and you'll feel amazing in doing so.
1. American Red Cross. I know when most people think about the red cross they think about donating blood. But the great thing about the red cross is that there are so many ways and various things you can to do help. The cool thing is that if you go online the red cross has a "holiday catalog" that you can pick through and see how you would like to donate your money. It doesn't take a lot to help! For example, you can donate money towards buying soldiers phone cards ($20) or providing a hot meal for someone ($20). I personally, plan on donating $18.00 towards buying a blanket.
2. Embrace Global. Did you know that 450 pre-mature babies worldwide die each hour, and one of the main reasons is hypothermia? Embrace global is a charitable organization that is fighting to combat this problem through their 'infant warmer'. By 2013 they hope to save the lives of over 100,000 babies and prevent serious illness in 800,000. They also hope that this creates an effect in which GDP increases, health care costs are lowered, and ultimately reduced population growth. Any donation amount is accepted!
3. Toys for Tot. I think everyone has heard of this. The best thing are that there are participating cities all over the country, and lots of drop-off locations all over various cities. Its easy to buy a toy, and you will really make a child's future.
4. Locally. There are plenty of places locally that you can volunteer at. Soup kitchens, homless shelters, etc. You can donate your time which is always greatly appreciated and you will make the biggest difference in someone's life this season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...
No comments:
Post a Comment