Monday, August 29, 2011
first day of school and thoughts
Today is the first day of my fifth year of college. Oh the joys of being a super senior. I don't feel ready and it hasn't completely hit me yet even though my first class starts in less than 4 hours. I hope my classes aren't too bad even though they are all upper-division bio classes. I guess at this point I'm just scared of the stress. After last school year I realized how completely drained and stressed out I was. And no matter how hard I tried to get an A, it wouldn't happen. I knew a long time ago that the bio major wasn't for me, but I stuck through it. And now its kind of like I'm pushing to do something that I'm not really interested in. And what sucks is that its a hard major, so I work even harder and end up hating life because I can never be good at it or completely interested. Last year also made me realize that I did not want to pursue an additional 4 years of school, and so I decided to do an orthoptic fellowship. And even thinking about that got me scared. Knowing that if your not up to par after 3 months they can kick you out, or what about taking the national boards? Eeek! As you see failing and taking test scare the crap out of me. But I know I will be fine. I need to stop worrying and put more faith and trust in the lord. This school year I'm going to work hard, not stress out too much, use my time wisely, and get on good terms with a professor. I will try to steer my posts away from talking about school too much.
This week:
+ buy all my textbooks ASAP
+ grocery shopping
+ stay on top of reading
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...

No comments:
Post a Comment