Good morning everyone! I love being able to wake up and take my time with my day even if I have a lot on my plate. I can get chores done, clean-up a little, and make myself a nice meal, before I really need to start my day. Now, I am realizing how much I need to do this weekend. I was going into this weekend thinking I just had to do a little catch up on some reading. More things got added on the list, but no prob, they will get done!
So one of my goals for my 43 things was to read 5 books this year. Thats a lot for me considering I am always busy just trying to stay on top of my reading for my classes. But I do love a good book, it puts me in such a relaxing mood and allows me to get lost in a different world. So in January I headed over to barnes & noble to purchase my first book. Of course I felt so overwhelmed and wanted to read almost every single book the on the shelf. Usually I go for classic books because I feel like I should read them if they have some type of historical significance. I sat down and read the beginnings of many books, flipped through the pages of others, and had a hard time coming to a decision. If I had it my way I would buy all the books there and start my own personal library. Some how I came across one book that I knew I couldn't just leave on the shelf, and I walked out the store with my purchase in hand.
Little Bee is a story about two women from completely different worlds (countries) and how they help each other with the issues (death, cheating, obtaining freedom) in their lives. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you will appreciate your life and freedom. You will go from a sunny beach on the coast of Nigeria to the bustling and busy city of London. The book left my crying on the last few pages as I assumed the fate of one of the characters. I don't want to give it all away, but I want to say that I highly recommend it. Its great story or establishing relationships and appreciating what we do have in life. I'm happy to have 1 book crossed off my list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...

No comments:
Post a Comment