I know it appears as if my 2012 was full of nothing but good times. But for most of 2012 I felt endless sentiments of frustration. I wanted nothing more than to get a job and be able to support myself. I worked my butt off and applied for multiple jobs every single day. I spent endless time editing and catering my resume to every job I applied to. And even then I only got a handful of interviews. Boy oh boy did I feel frustrated, and angry that my degree didn't feel worth anything. But just a few days ago, I got a job offer for my dream position. And in just a few weeks, I will be packing up my life and moving an hour away to start my new career. Its exciting and I am absolutely blessed for everything that happened to me this year. Even though there were a lot of tough times, this year truly put everything into perspective to me. Mainly that I have some very important people in my life and that they have all been there by my side this year. It also let me know that God is there for me, and is so generous and loving.
In January I rang in the new year with one of my best girlfriends and a few of our guy friends. We totally ditched our plans for a fancy/crazy night downtown and instead went to a beachside bar in our party dresses. It was an amazing night! I began my last semester of college and registered to graduate. I started realizing that I needed to get rid of a toxic guy in my life. I started the process of becoming an REHS, but sending in money and paperwork to the state. I also got in a car accident downtown when a taxi ran a red light.
In February I finally signed up for the gym and started slowing getting back into shape. I started attending some gym classes and loved it. I spent valentines day alone (and studying in the library) and realized, that was the last straw with my ex-boyfriend. I also came to the realization that the "funk" I had been in for the past 9 months was depression. One of my roommates (and long time friends) moved out due to her job offered, but the drama that came with paying for rent and finding another person to move in, ended our friendship. My mother also came to visit for a week at the end of the month. She went with me to Church, which was my first time going in years! I loved it and decided to call The Rock, my church.
In March I started having doubts about relationships and love, since I saw all these perfect and long-time couples break up. I applied for orthoptic programs and started getting invites for interviews. I went to the Drake concert with some good girlfriends of mine. I also randomly invited J out for dinner, and we started dating. At the end of the month I went up to Anaheim to visit my dear friend Sarah. J also kissed me for the first time, and boy was it awkward haha.
In April, I got accepted into my first orthoptic program, but denied it. I realized I couldn't attend the program due to financial reasons. I still spent every moment outside of work and school with J, and started falling fast for him. We made it official on the 20th, and we celebrated by taking a trip down to Mexico for some wine tasting. It was both my first time physically crossing the border, and my first time doing a wine tasting.
In May I stressed out and worked my butt off like crazy to do well my last few weeks of college. In mid-May I graduated college with my B.S. in Biology after 5 long years. My family from all over the country came to support me and see me walk the stage. I started living life after college and enjoyed all my new found free-time.
In June, I surprised J by taking him up to stone brewery for dinner, a tour, and a tasting. I also started my summer job which meant that between both jobs I work 50+ hour weeks. I started searching and applying to EHS jobs.
In July, I was extremely tired and stressed out by working so many hours and not having days off. My car started having problems again (water pump) and J helped me take it to his mechanic and paid to get it fixed.
In August I got offered a full-time job, but ending up quitting after two days. We celebrated Js 23rd birthday by going out with friends, going to Cinepolis, and having a family BBQ. I bought him his own home-brewing kit :D. I found out that one of my good friends was pregnant!
In September I started an internship at a local organization, and quit shortly after when I was not gaining the experience I needed. Instead I started volunteering for the same organization, and absolutely loved it. I had multiple friends come in town and had a few girls night out. I decided to pick up running again and started training for a 5k. I turned 23 and J took me out for dinner and drinks. He also surprised me by taking my kayaking in La Jolla for the first time.
In October I started seeing my progress when running and was able to run a 5k without being winded. I started feeling a little down, because J became extremely busy with school and as a result we didn't see each other very much. I also applied for jobs like mad, but didn't hear anything back. My grandpa started getting sick and had to undergo surgery.
In November I started thinking about going back to school to get my masters degree in the future. J made time for me and made me feel loved, despite being busy with school. We went up to LA to watch a Clippers v. Heat game. I registered for my first 5k in 10 years. I got my first big girl interview with the government. I also went home to visit my family for Thanksgiving, and got some new goodies.
In December I got offered a part-time position working for the state. And a day after I got an interview for my dream position, and a few days later they offered me the position!! J went to Guatemala for two weeks, and I went home for the holidays. I also ran my first 5k race in 10 years.
2013 is going to be exciting and full of some big changes. I couldn't be more ready!
Monday, December 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...
No comments:
Post a Comment