Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Dream Come True


I have some pretty exciting news to share:

I GOT MY DREAM JOB!

I will finally start training to become an environmental health specialist. I am still in shock, but it is such an amazing feeling. I truly feel like all my hard work has paid off. I started applying for this position all over the state right after I graduated back in June. With government positions, its a loonnngg process. You apply, fill out supplemental questions, get approved that you've met the minimum requirements for the position, get scored based on your supplemental questions, get ranked compared to everyone you applied against, and then if your ranking is high enough you get invited to an interview. This process can take up to months! I got offered this position earlier this week even though I applied for it back in September!

The first job I applied for I scored a 70....which is a passing score but of course not very high. After that I realized I had to do more if I wanted to get a high score and get invited to an interview. And man did I do everything I could and not all of it worked out smoothly like I hoped. I started and ended an internship within a week. I reached out to some people in the field asking them for advice. Some of the advice being helpful, but other parts still leaving me confused on what to do. I started volunteering on the weekends doing some environmental field work to build up my resume. And I guess it worked, because it all paid off. This position is not in San Diego.....so YES, I will be moving. Luckily, I will not be that far away. I will be living an hour and a half away and plan on coming back down to San Diego on the weekends to see my boyfriend and friends. 

I truly believe in that the quote "nothing worth having comes easy". Every mistake I made, everything I tried, every hour I've been volunteering has paid off. And it has all been worth it--I've learned something from each and every situation. I also believe in God doing everything in his time. I see why he allowed certain things to happen (or not happen)  these last few months. It has brought me to this moment. I feel so blessed, so happy, and so proud. I can't believe I get to start my career at age 23! I will also finally being able to fully support myself and start paying off my student loans. God has been so good to me.

1 comment:

  1. Toivon Sinun jaksavan taistella,hyvä asia on kun uskot Jumalaan apu tulee varmasti.Hyvä työ tulee ajallaan kun jaksat odottaa,Jumala siunatkoon Sinua elämässäsi. Kaikkea hyvää Rauno-pappa maa Finland city Kaarina.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts