Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My hipster glasses + Good News


Happy hump day lovelies! Who ever said hump days had to be horrible? Because mine has been absolutely excellent. I woke up this morning next to my hunny. He never sleeps over during the weekdays, so having him sleep over on a Tuesday night and waking up to him the next morning was beautiful. I spent the first part of my day running errands and got them done so quickly. I was then able to squeeze in a 3.75 mile run. I can't wait to get new running shoes! And I also can't wait for the retro run this Sunday! Time to start stepping my game up for a 10k, 15k, and half-marathon. Yes, there is a lot of training to do.


The second half of my day was spent being pampered, and boy was it so amazing. My mom bought me a living social voucher for a shellac manicure. I've had it since September so it was time to use that baby. I ended up going with a dark dark navy, almost black color for my nails. I'm excited to see how long it lasts, since I've heard nothing but good things about shellac. I also decided to get a pedicure, regardless if its winter...because I live in San Diego. Its still acceptable for me to wear sandals in December due to lovely 75 degree weather. Yes, be jealous. I also got my hair done! I get my hair chemically relaxed every other month, so it was time for me go see my stylist. I decided to chop my hair again, as I am secretly addicted to the a-line. But I think this will be the last time. I think next time (hopefully) I will be going with extensions. Quite extreme huh? I guess I can't be in the middle of anything.

As if my productive and pampered day wasn't enough, things got even better

1. I got a job offer!
2. I got an interview for my dream position!
3. I got an exam date for a similar dream position!

Yes, all three of those things happened today. I just couldn't believe it! I pretty much screamed at all the good news. The Job offer is for a scientific aid and although it is part-time, its definitely a great opportunity and a step in the right direction. And I can't wait to interview for my dream position. It is outside of San Diego so I would have to move. But I wouldn't be that far away and would be able to come back on the weekends. I am so thankful for all of these opportunities, God has been so good to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts