Tuesday, December 11, 2012
My lovely little weekend
I had such a great week followed by a great weekend. Things were absolutely perfect, and I had a smile on my face the whole week. . But I am thanking God for these opportunities, and asking him to continue to open more doors for me.
In terms of this weekend, I ended up working both Friday and Saturday. But Friday evening we ended up heading out to December nights at balboa park. I couldn't believe how crowded it was and it took us a good half an hour to find a parking spot. But once we were inside we got some delicious food, headed to beer garden, and walked around. It was a great double date night! Oh and I forgot to mention they had the best Saturday was a relaxing day where we just stayed in and watched TV.
Sunday morning was a big deal for me, I completed the Retro Run. It was my first 5k in 10 years, and I finished in 28:17. It was a big goal for 2012 and I am glad I finally did it. But now its time to start training for a 10k and 15k. Its been a hard leap, but I know I can do it. I am going to start little by little, so that I can run the hot chocolate run in March. And hopefully I will be completing a few more 5ks and at least a 10k in between that time. After the race we decided to celebrate with a champagne brunch. I can't even explain how nice it feels to catch up with the girls with a glass of champagne in hand. I'm turning into quite the champagne lover lately (bye bye wine), I've been having it at least 2x a week. In the evening I headed to church for a great service, and then I came home to J and his friends grilling. We had such a good time eating, drinking, sharing funny stories, and just relaxing on a wonderful Sunday evening. I couldn't have ended the weekend on a better note
1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...

No comments:
Post a Comment