Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all are having a lovely day. I just woke up, and am taking in all the christmas goodness. I am a sucker for all the christmas specials, including watching the 24 hour marathon of a 'Christmas Story'. We only have "big kids" in my parents house, since me and my sister are now in our 20s. But I am so excited to see my niece and nephews! I haven't seen many of them since my graduation back in May. I am so blessed to have so many cuties (my names for them) in my life, they just bring smiles to my face. But I am also a little bummed that there are two people missing from my christmas. The first being my grandpa, who has been sick since October. My poor grandpa has gone through multiple surgeries since then and recently just had one a week ago. Unfortunately, he is still feeling sick. But I am hoping he really starts to feel better, its been hard for him. But I know he is getting the proper care he needs in the hospital so thats where he must be right now.  The second person being J. He has been in Guatemala for the past week, and he won't be back home until a few days. But he called me yesterday at midnight in Guatemala to wish me a merry christmas which was very special and cute. Overall, I am so excited because I have everything I want for christmas and couldn't be more blessed. Therefore this has already been the best christmas.

But I am even more blessed because of a very special gift this christmas; the birth of Jesus Christ. This is the reason we celebrate Christmas, because of the birth of our savior. This is the biggest gift we could be given. A gift of a hope,  a gift of eternal life, and the gift of forgiving our sins. His birth changed the world forever. This christmas I am trying to focus more on Jesus than I have on the past. I am trying to remember to thank him not just for what I have in my life, but for his love and sacrifice for me. I hope many of you also do the same this christmas.
             
Have a merry christmas everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts