Thursday, September 8, 2011

thankful thursdays & facebook show-offs


I forgot which magazine I was reading but I came across an interesting article about facebook and facebook statuses.  The article basically stated how facebook can make us feel bad about ourselves because it serves as mechanism for bragging, and I couldn't agree more. I realized I too had fallen victim to facebook bragging. I'm sure you guys can look at your friends statuses from the past 24 hours and find plenty of examples. If its not about an amazing job promotion, its about having the most amazing and perfect husband, or taking an incredible trip to some exotic resort. When I see my friends writing those type of statuses it makes me feel like I'm not doing anything great and that my life is not that exciting. I find myself feeling bitter and jealous that I haven't received the same opportunities. Its okay to feel happy about your life and accomplishments, but its how you present it that makes it acceptable.  I know most people don't intentionally do it, but there does need to be awareness about the type of emotions it does stir up.

1.  My mom--I think me and my mom have a great relationship. Even though I don't see her very often we talk almost everyday. And even though I'm 21 she still treats me as if I think like a 16 year old. At the same time she has pushed me and forced me to experience life on my own, making me into an independent young woman. We also bicker like old women. I'm grateful to have a mom like her.

2. SF Crew--My new group of buddies! I've been having so much fun with them lately and I'm glad I have a group of new friends to hang out with.

3. Earlier this week I experience the most peaceful awakening from slumber. The sun shined through my window, the air was hot and sticky, and the rain gently dropped on the trees surrounding my window. It was as if I had woke up on a tropical island somewhere. I was grateful for such a beautiful and peaceful moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts