I'm sure you have, we all have.
Well today, I had one of those days.
It started off by me running a little late this morning. And although I should have already been out the door, I took the trash to the dumpster since it was overflowing and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it until I came home later. I felt good doing the right thing.While driving to school there was a little traffic. I look down at my phone and see a text message from my friend saying "I hate you". How horrible right? Of course I pick up my phone to call them and ask why. My friend did not have a good reason, he just simply stated that he was tired of my only calling him late at night. Honestly he was being such a drama king. First off, yea I have been calling him late. But only for the past 4 days or so. I've been his friend for 6 years, and he knows I'm super busy with school. I don't have enough time to talk on the phone until its late and before I go to bed. For one week i've been busier than usual and he gets angry. And to top it off, why would that make you hate me? Pretty strong words for something so miniscule. And especially since he is 22! Could he not have handled it in a more mature situation, instead of sending just a blunt and evil txt message? But I didn't yell at him, I didn't get angry, I just kept telling him what he was saying wasn't making any sense and that he was being inconsiderate. As I realized this conversation is going no where, I hang up the phone only to see a police officer pulling me over. In case you don't know, its against the law in California to talk on the phone while driving. And the funny thing is I NEVER do. So the one time I talk on the phone in my car...... I get caught. Hello $140 ticket! Yup. I love how it comes right at the time where I'm not having any income brought it. Double whammy!
My whole morning just threw off my mood and I seriously considered just turning around and going home for the day. I was so very frustrated. I felt like my friend should have never text me. I felt like the officer could have let me off easy. But I sucked it up! I went to school and I got over it. I'm just going to suck it up and pay for the ticket. And most importantly, I'm going to have to cut negative people out of my life.....
The rest of my day got better. I saw my advisor and talked to her for an hour or so about life, the change in my future plans, and classes for the following semester. She was so happy for me and that made me feel good. I also thought I was going to have to take some random class in addition to my 4 major elective classes....but it turns out I don't! The only reason its on my student map is so that I can graduate with 120 units, but at the end of this semester I will already have over 120. Go me!!
Now I'm getting ready to watch an episode of jersey shore and relax!
The rest of my day got better. I saw my advisor and talked to her for an hour or so about life, the change in my future plans, and classes for the following semester. She was so happy for me and that made me feel good. I also thought I was going to have to take some random class in addition to my 4 major elective classes....but it turns out I don't! The only reason its on my student map is so that I can graduate with 120 units, but at the end of this semester I will already have over 120. Go me!!
Now I'm getting ready to watch an episode of jersey shore and relax!
No comments:
Post a Comment