Monday, May 27, 2013

DREAMING OF HOME



Moving to a new city is a rough transition. I can't believe that four months ago I moved to a new city, started a new job, and started living all on my own. At first it seemed easier than I thought, as it was a new and exciting phase in my life. But after four months the loneliness is starting to set in. I am used to living in a big city and having lots of things to keep me busy, so moving to a small city is starting to be a hard adjustment. I feel like I have to search yelp like crazy to find something to do for the day. And even then I feel like the only thing to do out is here to go shopping and eat out. Its just not the same as sunny San Diego.

At the same time since its such a small city, it is hard to meet new people.  I have no friends that live out here, and the closest one is 40 miles away. My family is 400 miles away, while my boyfriend is 100 miles away. This has left my feeling lonely and without enough valuable interaction. I miss my friends, family, and boyfriend dearly. I miss having things to do on the weekend, meeting up with friends to grab dinner. I miss it all.

I am starting to get miserable here.  

I keep telling myself this is temporary and if I need to move to be happy then I will. But I still have another year to go. I just have to be strong and stick it out, and see what the lord has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts