Monday, April 1, 2013

WEEKEND WRAP-UP & APRIL JOY



What a truly beautiful and blessed weekend I had! I spent my three day weekend down in San Diego with my boy. It was such a blessing to be able to spend so much time together. Usually, he is busy with school and work. But we definitely took advantage of his spring break and my three day weekend. We packed in so much fun and activities. We ran errands, worked-out, went dancing downtown, went shopping, traveled to TJ to visit his family, went to church, made dinner, and lots of other things in between. I honestly never wanted it to end. I still have a smile on my face because this weekend was that good. I'm definitely going to enjoy my new schedule and all my three day weekends.

This weekend was truly special because it was Easter Sunday. To be completely honest, I haven't been celebrating Easter these past few years. But since I have renewed my faith, I definitely wanted to do more this year. This year I made it a priority to attend church. What was more exciting was that J came with me. I thought he would be nervous or scared, but he said "I'd go anywhere with you baby". Because easter services were so packed, we had to sit outside in a tent and watch the service by TV. But he didn't complain or judge. And as I raised my hands to sing and praise the lord, he took one of my hands and kissed it. What a beautiful gesture, that meant so much to me. The whole day I felt so happy and blessed by Jesus. Easter means so much to me now, and will always be. Jesus being resurrected is such a big deal. My savior died on the cross and rose again so that my sins could be forgiven. That is truly a love unlike any other.

And now it is April and its another chance to better and renew myself. I feel like I am going through a steady state of progression and its quite lovely. I love seeing the progress I am making, and I feel so very proud. I have no new goals this month, I just wish to continue working on my old goals. That is, I want to continue running, spending time with Jesus, and doing the best I can at work. Hello spring and reaching my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts