Monday, April 15, 2013

I'M BECOMING MORE AMAZING



This weekend wasn't perfect, but it was definitely good. Each week I am surprising myself more and more, and just proving that I am quite the superwoman. Being able to accomplish things and actually see the progress is such an amazing feeling. I love it!

First thing first: I ran over 6.5 miles this weekend. Yes, non-stop! I've finally ran a 10k and then some. This has truly been a work in progress. I remember I could hardly run for 20 minutes when I first started my running journey. Back in October 2012, I was finally able to run a 5k. And in December, I finally entered my first 5k race. Well, now I can finally say I've reached my next goal of a 10k! It feels great. I'm now trying to find a 10k race to enter within the next few weeks. And thens whats next after that? Hmm...a half-marathon maybe? Just Maybe. Oh, and I must say how much I love the runkeeper app! I highly recommend it to fellow runners, and anyone needing help sticking to a training plan.

How else am I amazing you say? Lets just say I kicked butt at work today. Not only did I wake up this morning at 4:45am this morning to drive up to work from San Diego, but I made it to work nice and early. And after getting bombarded with a lot of things to do, I over-shot my office time and headed into the field about 20 minutes late. But did I let that ruin my day? Nope, this little lady got everything done AND then some. I didn't let my lack of sleep ruin my day either. But now that I am home, its time for me to sleep. Superwoman needs her rest too!

Maybe, the only thing I wasn't amazing at these past few days was being a good girlfriend. I thank God for giving me such a loving and amazing boyfriend. Thanks to it being that time of the month, my hormones were so out of act. Lets just say I was acting cray cray! But he put up with it and even just laughed with me when we both realized how ridiculous I was being. The poor guy still catered to my every need this weekend (buying me chocolate, renting netflix movies, and holding me tight). He is too good to me. But like I said, superwoman has her days too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts