Saturday, March 16, 2013

DAYLIGHTS SAVING IS TREATING ME RIGHT



I might be the only person in the world who has had no trouble adjusting to daylight savings time. I don't mind loosing an hour of sleep, because I really enjoy the fact that the sun is out longer. As a result of the day feeling longer, I feel more productive. I seriously felt the biggest change from daylight savings. I've been sleeping a little less, but have an abundance energy! I can come home and get so much stuff done. Usually after work I am dead and will lay in bed alllll night long. But since Monday, I have been such a busy bee and I have been taking care of things that I usually put off. I am loving this new sense of energy and motivation. I truly feel like I can do....anything! So what exactly have I been doing with this new found energy?

1. Staying Active! I've kind of lost track of working out since I've been trying to concentrate on work and passing my supervisor sign-off. Now that its all out the way, I have decided to kick things back into gear. This morning I ran over 5 miles and over 50 minutes straight! Thats a personal record for myself! And the funny thing was that, I felt great! I wanted to keep going but I had this horrible cramp/knot in my stomach so I had to stop. But after today, I feel like I am ready to run my first 10k race next month!
I haven't signed up yet, but I will be soon. In the meantime, I am going to keep training hard and running on a regular basis so that I can run my first 10k pretty easily. I am also very interested in getting into some barre ballet classes. I was able to find a cool studio in Riverside, and I am thinking about trying it sometime this week. Lets hope it goes well.

2. Date nights with Jesus! It's true, I've been neglecting time with God. Being busy and adjusting to a new life is no excuse. Everyday I should be taking time out to read my bible and talk to God. I am happy to say that although I have being doing a lot better. Sure I am not perfect, but I working towards where I want to be.

3. Keeping up with my Job! I am happy to say that I successfully passed my supervisor sign-off earlier this week. I was so happy, especially because I've been a nervous wreck about it.  Even though I passed, I still have a lot to prove (and learn). Therefore, everyday I've been writing notes about things I can improve on or do more research on. I want to be the absolute best inspector I can and just rock at my job!

I've already crossed 5 things off my '23 things before 24' list. I feel so accomplished! But I am so ready and motivated to cross of more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts