Sunday, March 3, 2013

WEEKEND WRAP-UP




This weekend was different for a few reasons. The first being that it was my first weekend staying in the Inland Empire. During the week I am busy with work and then during the weekends I am usually out of town. It always feels like I am on the go! I decided this weekend I needed to take the time to get my apartment in order and also explore my neighborhood a little bit.

One thing I was really excited to do was find some great places to run. I was able to search on the internet some running/bike trails, so I decided to check it out for myself. I went to Fairmount park in Riverside which was so beautiful to me. They have two medium sized lakes in the middle of the park, along with multiple playgrounds, and an outside stage. On the perimeter of one of those lakes there was a trail that was about 0.7 miles that lead to multiple trails along the Santa Ana river. It was perfect! I get bored easily, so its nice having different trails (and different scenary) to keep things new. I was only able to run 2 miles before coming winded and hot from the heat. But it was truly amazing getting back into running again. Now I know where I can go to run.

Of course I had every intention this week to be by myself and just get somethings together. But I got a great surprise this weekend...my man decided to come up for a last minute visit! Yes, after working all day he drove up to visit me for a few hours (he had work this morning). It was a quick visit, but so very much appreciated. This was his first time visiting me and seeing my new apartment. Geeze, I am such a lucky girl. I appreciate his sweet gestures.

Three things I am loving this weekend:
1. This website has articles that cater to everything going on in my 20-something life
2. Chevron paper goodies! I wish had penpals to send cute stuff to....
3.  This sums up exactly how I have been feeling lately

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts