Wednesday, March 7, 2012
KONY 2012
If for someone reason you have been living in a box the past 48 hours (or simply have not used any social media), please check out the video above. Its about stopping rebel leader Joseph Kony, who kidnaps children in Africa. He gives the boys guns and they become apart of his army. The girls become sex slaves. He has abducted 1000s of children, and although he has moved out of Uganda this man is still abducting children and adding to his growing army. I watched the original Invisible Children video in high school, I remember it so vividly. I was so taken back and couldn't believe it. Unfortunately, I never really felt compelled to do anything because I didn't know what to do. But I think EVERYONE can watch this video and feel moved to do something. Especially since the video gives us little ways on how we can help. Now that you guys have seen the video, I hope you also share it with as many others as possible. The great thing about the world now! Through our blogs we can share so much so easily we others, we are all connected even if its not completely physical. Also consider checking out the website and donating to tri and ordering an action kit. Lets make this happen this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...
No comments:
Post a Comment