Friday, March 2, 2012

{happy friday & march goals}

{gel nails for the first time}

Happy Friday! I can't believe how fast this week went by. Its started off stressful and my mom was still in town. And now I am ending it stress free with another friend coming into town. I spent the second half of this week pampering myself and it was much needed after all the stress. I got my hair done (bye bye nappiness), shaved everything (byebye winter fur), and got my nails done (yay for cute nails). Basically I AM ready for spring.  I feel like a new woman. Now I am looking forward to seeing what this weekend has in store for me.

So I've already updated a little about being excited for the month of March for a few different reasons. But as always, I look at each month as a new beginning. There are things to be accomplished and adventures to have. So whats in store for this month?

1. Apply for jobs like crazy. I've already started the madness, but I have lots of deadlines this month for jobs in the field I want to work in. That means I need to make sure I get them all done during the days that I'm not overwhelmed with school. I'm hoping and praying something will come through, but the one thing holding me back is not having my bachelors degree (despite having all the other necessary classes).  I mean I know I will be graduating in 2 months from now (unless something really unfortunate happens...but lets not dwell on that) and I'm just wondering if anyone will actually wait for me. Hopefully. I also plan to hear back from orthoptic programs towards the end of this month, which is very very exciting. Crossing my fingers for interview.

2. Eat healthy. I made alot of progress in March in terms of going to the gym and cutting back on certain things. But when I go to the gym and work-out hard my body craves the most fattiest and carb filled foods. Its kind of funny and contradicting. But I need to start making plans for myself and finding foods that fill me up and aren't horrible for me. Of course I want to continue going to the gym on a regular basis (at least 4 times a week).

3. Try new looks. I've kind of become bored with my routine. I want to try something new and different with my make-up, hair, clothes, etc. I mostly want to try a new every-day look with my make-up and I'm thinking about trying neutral shadow and some false eyelashes. But I am so bad at doing make-up, which is why I keep it simple. Can't hurt to try, right?

4. Get-away. I need one. As much as I love San Diego to bits and pieces, its nice to get-away every now and then. The last week of this month is my spring break. I kind of have a few things bouncing around in my head in terms of what I want to do. I was planning on spending a few nights in marina del rey with a few friends and splitting a hotel room. I have yet to hear back, so who knows if thats going to fall through. I have another friend in the same area who I would love to visit which would also be a lot of fun. And lastly if I get interviews at the end of March I will happily buy a plane ticket and whisk myself off to another state. They all sound wonderful, but I would love to do whatever cost the least amount of money. I still need to save!

What are your goals for March? Anything you are looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts