
I've always been a firm believer of giving people second chances. We are human and we all make mistakes. No one is perfect. Its all about learning from your mistakes and knowing not to make the same mistake again. I would like to believe that there are some actions that are un-forgiveable ( like cheating). But at the end of the day I don't like harboring hate in my heart. I'd rather let things go. I was recently lied to and straight out ignored by a guy that I was really falling for. Instead of being a man, he lied to me, and flat out ignored me for a week. I never felt so hurt. It was as if I was worthless, because he didn't have enough respect to communicate with me and explain his emotions. I knew there was something going on with his ex-girlfriend. I just thought if he wanted to be with her all he had to do was tell me. That would be the right thing to do.
After a week of not talking he finally came around and apologized. He apologized for acting immature and stupid, knowing that I didn't deserve it. He apologized for taking out whatever drama with his ex out on me. He actually took the time out to explain himself and what exactly was going on. I accepted the apology, knowing that its really hard for a guy to come around and apologize and admit he was being stupid. Plus, he was finally doing the right thing. Taking control of the situation. He said he would still like to be friends and make it up to me. I said that was fine. I am forgiving but I am not forgetting. There is no way I could forget a situation like this. I don't think I've ever got so burned before. But I do believe people deserve second chances.
No comments:
Post a Comment