Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The state of Texas & New Orleans

I am finally back in California from a wonderful vacation. I've actually been back since yesterday but I had to go grocery shopping, workout, and was dead tired by then. How to sum up my vacation? Lots of unexpected fun! I really am blessed to have such great family who really took care of me and showed me such a great time on my trip.

1st leg of the trip--
The first part of the trip was made up of driving all day through the state of Texas--Dallas-Austin-San Antonio-Houston. Our main goal was to see an optometry school in San Antonio that I am interested in. So we woke up that morning and to San Antonio we went. I really like RSO, especially since the facilities and clinic are new. They do have a small class size which means more access to professors. Overall, I got a good vibe and will be applying there this year. Then we continued to drive to galveston where we stayed for the night. My brother had a little timeshare on the beach so it was nice but..... a little creepy. There are just miles of miles of beaches houses, it was super dark, and there weren't that many people out there. But seeing everything in the daylight made it so much better.


2nd leg of the trip--
We left the timeshare and our next destination was NEW ORLEANS! I was very excited about this since the last time I had been was when I was 12, and now I'm 21 and I can officially appreciate all of the city's goodness.  We stayed at a cute hotel in the french quarter only two blocks away from bourbon street. We immediately went out and got food since we had been eating nothing but junk food on the road the past 2 days. I ordered a mufaletta for the first time which was very yummy. We also started drinking and preparing for a fun night. The rest of the night including gambling a little (i won nothing :x) and drinking and bar hopping. We found this one club which was great and became good friends with this older couple. We all danced together for a while and had a great time. We kept going in and out to other bars along the street and dancing and drinking. It was a lot of fun! I am really trying to make plans to go back for springbreak.


3rd left of the trip--
We made our way back to Dallas after a 9 hour drive! I ended up having to drive a stick (for my first time) throughout the state of Louisiana haha. Oh boy what an experience. We ended up getting home super late and crashing. But the next day my aunt picked me up and we went out to lunch with our cousin. I ended up ordering shrimp etoufee since i didn't get a chance to order it in Nawlins. It was so good :) After that we did a little shopping and got movies to watch from blockbuster. My aunt has a mini movie theater in her house which is so legit. I don't know how common it is in Texas, but no houses have that in California unless your rich or a celebrity. So we watched two movies and went to sleep.

The next day we woke up and watched football all day. It also started snowing which got me really excited! I haven't seen it snow it a while since I've been living in southern california these past few years and I don't go snowboarding or anything like that. It started snowing more than they expected but it was a cool ending to my little trip. Luckily and stopped snowing the next day so that I was able to fly back home to sunny california.

Overall it was one of the best trips of my life and I had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts