Sunday, August 26, 2012
LA + Beach time
Can't believe this weekend is already ending, but it was the perfect mixture of business and pleasure. On Friday after work I headed up to LA to take an exam for a laboratory position I applied for. The test was 8:00am Saturday morning, and I arrived about 30 minutes early. When I arrived I saw the parking lot was full and that there were dozens of other people walking to the front of the school (where the test was taking place) also. As I approach the entrance a guy directs me to the correct line, since there were multiple exams going on that day. But oh man there were over 100 people in my line! Talk about nerve-wrecking. And honestly the test was pretty hard. They tested on organic chemistry concepts which I didn't expect, and which was my least favorite class in college. And there were questions about things that I never learned in college. Overall, I don't think I did so hot. I'll get my results in the mail shortly. Again, another learning experience. Next time I will study more! But I really think I'm going to start reviewing old college books and notes every night in order to stay on top of some things. And now I have a good idea of what type of questions that will ask on these types of exams.
The same day I ended up driving to the Pacific Palisades to meet up with a college friend of mine. We got to catch up over lunch in Santa Monica. And then it was back on the road to San Diego. Unfortunately, I got stuck in horrible LA traffic. I mean ridiculous. It took me an additional hour to get back to San Diego. I guess I was exhausted from the drive because all I did was crash the night I got home.
This morning I woke up next my amazing boyfriend and for once (he loves to cook) we decided to go out for breakfast. So we tried this new restaurant called the mission in the east village area of San Diego. The wait wasn't too bad and the food was seriously amazinggggg! Our portions were huge, and neither of us were able to finish our dishes which is saying a lot. The rest of the day included napping and heading to La Jolla for a beach day with my man. Oh and of course I ended the night with some true blood. What a crazy finale! They always leave me ready for the next season. Summer 2013, why do you have to be so far away?
And tomorrow I am a lucky girl, because I have the day off. I am planning on taking full advantage of it! Hello gym time, errand time, crafting time, laundry time, cleaning time, and job applying time! I have a feeling its going to be a productive but sweet day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...

No comments:
Post a Comment