Tuesday, August 14, 2012
twists & turns
So, after 1.5 days of working at my new job...I quit. Yes, I quit. Unfortunately, the position just isn't what I expected. As an administrative assistant I thought I would be doing a variety of tasks including paperwork, copies, filling, writing emails/letters, and making phone calls. But the past day(s) I've been doing nothing but answering the phone every time it rings, along with every other employee at the company. It was just not what I expected, and I wish I would have asked in more detail what my job responsibilities would have been. I was already miserable and it was my second day, I could see no way that I could continue. So I quit...and therefore I am back on the search.
Fortunately, I was able to contact my old job and will be put back on the schedule for next week. But I still need to be actively looking for another position. And since I have the rest of the week off, I am planning on waking up every morning, heading to starbucks and sitting in the corner with my coffee while I apply for as many jobs as possible.
I guess this was just another learning experience from the beginning of my adult life. I am determined to get this life of mine under control and down by my birthday. No more pushing the deadlines back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...

No comments:
Post a Comment