(Dinner at Gladstones in Malibu)
My life has still been non-stop lately. And I enjoy the hustle and bustle of things and always having something to do and look forward to. At the same time, I miss the "me" time. Its weird because I am definitely a social butterfly and I enjoy being around other people, interacting and establishing relationships. But I definitely need those hours where I am in my room, door closed, spending time with myself. I found myself craving that this weekend. I realized that this past month I haven't been at home much at all. I'm only at home to eat, shower, and sleep. And half the week I don't even sleep here. I found things piling up and getting out of control because I simply have not been home and haven't had the time to take care of them. On Sunday I made sure I slept in, started laundry, went to the gym, went to work, and went to church. It felt amazing! A day by myself doing what I wanted/needed to get done.
Being in a new relationship has been taking up so much of my time. I now see why God has waited the last two months of my college career to let me have one. I definitely would have flunked all my classes! Now, I have better time management and I am also so close to the end that it doesn't matter anyways. But it all makes sense now. Although I love spending every second I can with the boy, I do need me time. I even feel bad enough to say that I haven't seen friends in so long. I never wanted to be that girl. I mean its not just him and its been work and school too. Its just more convenient to see him because he lives so close while all my other friends live downtown or by the beach. But I will done with midterms tomorrow and will be seeing friends this weekend. I also want to make it a habit to take more me time! I say this all the time, but I don't get days off. I'm either at work or school. When I take a day off work its to study for an exam, not to just have a free day off. Hopefully, that will change this summer. I love staying busy and active. But I need at least one or two days a week to unwind and take some me time.
So Monday, I took a fun road-trip around southern california. I headed from San Diego to San Bernardino for an exam for a job I applied to with the county. I never want to talk bad about where someone else lives, but San Bernardino is completely different from San Diego. I couldn't really picture myself living there. But I made it fun and did a little shopping when I was out there. I got a cute outfit (sheer top + tribal print skirt) for less than $10! Score! After that I decided to drive to LA (about 2 hours west in traffic) to visit my friend Jess that I haven't seen in months. I saw her lovely family and her gorgeous house (she lives in pacific palisades over looking the beach). And we went to dinner at Gladstone's right on the beach. It was much needed girl talk and catching up. I love the fact that every time we link up, no matter how long its been, there is no awkwardness just good times. I definitely have some LA exploring to do this summer. I need to take advantage of the fact that I have a lot of friends that live there and that its really not too far from San Diego. Being in the Santa Monica/Malibu area definitely warmed me up to the city of angels.
The nice thing is that things should be slowing down after Thursday, which is my last exam until finals. I did request the day off on Sunday so that I can do some wine-tasting with the boy. And I can finally take care of those little things. I keep telling myself if I wasn't in school and didn't have so much studying to do, I wouldn't be so busy. But I only have four more weeks left of this college lifestyle.

No comments:
Post a Comment