Tuesday, August 20, 2013
LOVELY LITTLE UPDATES ON LIFE
I find that I never update as much as I intend to. But I guess thats a good sign that I am staying busy. I can't believe that summer is winding down, but I couldn't be happier. Summertime spent working in 90F to over 100F weather has been too much for me to handle. I'm looking forward to it cooling down and it being a nice warm fall.
And with fall comes so many changes for me. I am just four short weeks away from my first half-marathon! I am happy to say that I accomplished my longest run (both distance and time wise) of 8.5 miles and 1 hour and 30 minutes. I can't even begin to explain how amazing I felt after that run, especially since I could feel myself becoming drained the week prior. One thing I learned is to listen to your body! I realized I was ignoring a lot of important signs; my body needed more rest in between runs, more water, more protein, and more sleep.
And of course next month I turn 24! Oh how your 20s just seem to roll by. I don't have any definite plans set for my bday yet and I keeping going back and forth on if I should or not. First off, I'm not one to plan parties or celebrations for myself. The past 2 years were an absolute disaster. So I've made a promise to myself that I will never plan something for my birthday again ever in my life. And if anyone loves me enough to plan something for me, that would be awesome. But at that moment, no one does. So who knows what I will be doing, going out to dinner? a road trip and hotel room somewhere? a night of drinking? or even just staying at home.
I am also proud to say I have started studying for my REHS exam. This is pretty much the exam that my whole life is riding on. They recommend that we start studying 6 months in advance. I'm studying 6 months + some weeks to make up for everything that is happening this time of year (bday celebrations, holidays, travel time, etc). Another reason why I enjoy fall. But I will definitely be putting in a lot of hard work for March 2014!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...
No comments:
Post a Comment