Sunday, February 24, 2013
WEEKEND WRAP-UP
What a lovely weekend, and I am sad it couldn't last longer. I of course headed down to San Diego to spend time with my boy. It was more like squeezing in time with him, because he had to work all day Saturday and Sunday. Nevertheless we managed to have some quality time together. And while he was at work I was able to relax, clear my head, and come up with some inspiration. I have a kind of stressful two weeks coming up at work so its exactly what I needed.
I would say the highlight of my weekend was spending some time volunteering and assisting with a local organization that my boy is working with. He is doing a research project under one of his professors and has to assist a local organization in becoming more of a resource in the community. The plan is to transform a site of empty land into a earth lab for the local neighborhood. On Saturday morning we woke up really early to help out with the event at the local middle school. The kids participated in workshops like planting, water quality testing, plant mapping with GPS, etc. Since I graduated with a degree in Bio, I love getting kids involved in science. It was a great thing to be apart of! We even got to plant our own oak tree, so now we have a little baby thats apart of the community. I am excited to see it grow.
I definitely feel so inspired this weekend. I feel inspired to workout, to run, to wear cute clothes, and spread lots of love to everyone. Thank you pinterest for all of your goodness. I am going to make my life and my home so so lovely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...
No comments:
Post a Comment