This week was kind of a big deal for me in many ways. First off I completed my first week at my new job. I also spent my first week living in a new city. And it was also my first week living on my own. Yes, all of that happened (on top of having no cable or internet), and I made it out just fine. I thought this would be an incredibly hard adjustment, but it has proven otherwise. Lots of huge changes, but nothing I can't handle. My biggest adjustment would probably be working all day and being extremely tired. I'm used to working 25-30 hours a week and sleeping in. So after working 8:00am-5:00pm everyday, I come home and pretty much crash around 8:00pm.
Anyways, I must say that I love everything about my new job! I got hired with three other trainees so we have become a little family already. Even the rest of the staff has been incredibly nice and helpful. In fact, everyone in this city has been amazingly nice and sweet. I love it! Yesterday (and Thursday) we did ride alongs with the inspectors and it was so much fun. But I will also say that I will never look at restaurants the same ever again. I got the chance to go up to Big Bear Lake and inspect a few restaurants up there. I absolutely love it and might request this area when the time comes around. There was still a lot of snow and part of the lake was frozen (see the picture?). It was also busy and buzzing since tourists were there for the weekend. I had never been to big bear before so it was such a treat...I also hadn't seen the snow in years. It was a very lovely Friday indeed. Now, I am looking to plan a trip up there for me and J. But I need to save some money and we also need to find some time when he is free from school. But we will definitely be making a trip back up there soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...
No comments:
Post a Comment