Friday, September 28, 2012
Life at 23
On Wednesday I turned 23 years old. Another year old, and another year wiser? I surely hope so. I had a lovely little birthday though. I started the morning off by volunteering at SDRPF and getting some experience doing water quality testing. I've been looking for resume builders since I so desperately need it. My biggest problem in landing a job has been because I lack experience, despite having my degree. I had to quit my internship because I was not getting the experience that I needed, so therefore it was a big waste of my time. From now on I will be volunteering, until I find another internship or job.
After spending four hours of the day volunteering, I came home and took a nice relaxing shower and got dolled up. By this time George had came over and had brought me gifts. He is such a good boyfriend because he did so well. He got me a pair of studded flats, a new moleskine, chocolate covered strawberries, and had made me a beautiful painting for my room. I love having an artist for a boyfriend! Our evening concluded with dinner at indigo grill in little italy and some champagne drinking at vin de syrah. A few good friends joined us later in the evening for drinks! Overall, it was a lovely little birthday.
So I've already broken in my moleskin with a few goals for the age of 23, along with my biggest accomplishments at age 22. Twenty-two was honestly an okay year for me, definitely a roller-coaster of ups and downs. I went from being depressed and hating life to falling in love and trying new things. It was not my best year, even though I cannot complain about all the good things that also happened. I am hoping and praying that 23 is a good year for me. Most of all I hope I start a career and life more of the life I want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...
No comments:
Post a Comment