Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Life as of Lately
Happy Hump Day! I can't believe we are now entering the second half of the work week. Of course my schedule is not a typical 9:00-5:00 so the days of the week are always kind of scattered to me. I thought this week would feel kind of busy and rushed, but its actually been kind of low-key and chill.
On Monday, I started the first day of my internship. I was basically thrown right into field work, which involved hiking off trail through trees, brush, and unstable terrain. I also walked through a bush of bees and damn near had a heart attack. We identified sources of trash and used an GPS device to mark them for our clean-up event on Saturday. Today I had a quick orientation and learned more about the SDRPF and also the history of the San Diego River. Definitely very cool. I'm a little anxious about this event this Saturday and I'm sure next week will be a lot more intense. But I am ready and willing and learn as much as possible!
One thing I've been bouncing around in my head is if I should relax a little or work harder? Lets face it, I am not happy with my current financial situation. I thought that at this point in time I would have a new and exciting full-time job, making decent money, and using my degree. The thing is I have gotten a few opportunities, but not as many as I wish. I am tired of struggling financially, and tired of spending all this extra time looking for jobs--It definitely takes its toll. My mind is running a mile a minute. But now I am left wondering if this new job hasn't come yet due to the fact that I am not trying hard enough, or that I have too much going on right now... Should I step it up, or step down? I mean I just started this internship and yet I am still looking for more work. I think I might just be lacking in the quality, and I should put more effort into perfecting myself when applying for a few jobs instead of rushing and applying to as many jobs as possible. I am blessed to have parents that support and help me out, but I strive for nothing more than to be an independent young lady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The first week of 2014 has already been working on me and refining me in many ways. Although there were some tears, pain, and heartbreak th...
-
Right now I am in the pursuit of life . And by life, I don't mean mere existence within a body. I mean fully living life; creating ...
-
I can finally get back to living my life . The last two months have been a whirlwind of all sorts of craziness. I was working 10+ hou...
-
Good evening dolls! I am exhausted from another rough week, but I am trying to take it all in stride. This was my first week at work on m...
-
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you had a joyful day surrounded by loved ones. I feel like this month has been a little bit of a whirl...

No comments:
Post a Comment