Monday, June 11, 2012

weekend wrap up: what is essential is invisible




Happy Monday! I really can't believe that I am awake right now...because I shouldn't be. Today I started my second summer job so I had to wake up at 5:30am. It surprisingly wasn't that difficult getting up (pats self on back for being a morning person) but I know I'm going to be tired and thrown off until my body gets used to it. Plus, Sundays are probably my busiest and favorite day of the week. My sundays will now consist of working, then church, and then winding down with some true blood followed by girls. If my sundays don't follow that routine I will be a grouchy girl haha. Overall this weekend went by really fast, and I worked all weekend out in the sun for a kids festival. It was a lot of fun and I had a great time. We had a giant bounce house shaped like a human heart complete with chambers and arteries in the inside for the kids to jump around it. We were definitely the hit of the event and had a line as soon as we opened all the way to until the end of the event. Unfortunately being in the sun left me with some funky tan lines and a little sun burn. But it was worth it!

Today I also had my first interview post-graduation. It went well and it got me really excited about entering the real world. Although the interview went well, it looks like there are many people also applying for the position. I'm hoping they see something in me, but at the same time I know God has a plan on the job/career/position he wants me to pursue.  I should be hearing back next week if I got the job. In the meantime its time to continue applying.

I found out I have an upcoming weekend off which is REALLY REALLY rare and I want to take full advantage of it. I don't have a lot of extra money but I am thinking some type of get away is in store. Maybe head to LA to visit some friends for a few nights or Maybe do a day trip with the boy to do some sight seeing or something. We will see, but I really hope another adventure is in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts