Wednesday, June 6, 2012

currently: summer love

Being a dork at stone brewery

I know I am a few days behind...but its June!  Right now I am currently sick and taking antibiotics but other than that things have been great. This has been one of the best summers of my life and it's just  getting started. The fact that both the county fair and true blood start this week has me so very excited and also helps get me in the summer mood. Now if only the weather would heat up a bit things would be absolutely perfect.

Last week I surprised the boy and took him to stone brewery. It was his first time there, although I had been before with friend. We went on a tour of the brewery, learned some cool facts, did some beer tasting, ate at the restaurant, and took a tour of the gardens. It was the perfect day and it was nice sitting outside at the restaurant and enjoying both nature and the industrial architecture of the building. During lunch there were butterflies and dragonflies around us which was so peaceful and calming. And boy was our lunch so yummy! We had tikka misala and we both agreed that it had to be the best we ever tasted. The whole tour got the boy all inspired to brew his own beer (he loves beer!) So now home beer brewing will be added onto our bucket list for the summer. I will definitely share the process and how it goes.

Other than these fine adventures...life has been relaxing and great. I've been having a lot of time off and I only work four days a week. But that all changes this Monday when I start my second job and will be waking up at 5:30am Monday through Friday. Its definitely going to be rough the first few weeks! I've been applying to a ton of jobs and I've sent in countless applications and resumes! I've gotten a few supplemental questionaires...and I finally landed my first interview post-graduation. Its for a position in a laboratory and even though it is not full time I think it will be great experience and will help me get my foot in the door at other places. Anyways the search still continues and I will keep applying. I've also been reading and have decided to join a book club, so hopefully I will get through my goal of reading three books this summer. The on thing I do wish to do more this summer is hangout with friends...there are some that I haven't seen in months and I hope to change that. But I have the whole summer right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts