Wednesday, November 27, 2013

THANKFULNESS

First off, let me start off by saying how much better I feel after a quick organizing and de-cluttering session. Nothing frees my mind and gets me more motivated, than a nice organized spaced. I'm sad to say that my desk has fallen victim to my laziness lately. What was once my spot of work and creativity, turned into a space of junk mail and a second closet with sweaters thrown about. No bueno whatsoever. But now my desk feels so much more free, and I feel ready to tackle a few things tonight.

So here I am on the Eve of Thanksgiving, sitting at home and enjoying the very little things in life. Tomorrow morning I am flying home to the Bay Area, and I have yet to pack. But not to worry! I have a fresh load of laundry almost done and ready to be packed for my trip. I'm always a last minute type of packer, which is good and bad. I try to pack light (which is always a fail) and without forgetting anything (which is a double fail). Hopefully, this time I will get it just right. On my trip down to San Diego last weekend, I left my contact lens, extensions, hair straightener, make-up, and jewelery. I felt so lost! To think this time last year, those items did not matter to me. And now I feel almost naked if I don't have those things within reach. Not that they are super important or anything, now I just tend to use them more often than not. 

As we wrap up 2013 and are just a few hours away from Thanksgiving I can't help and think of my many blessings this year. My biggest blessings are my friends and family and my health. Those things nobody should ever take for granted. But I seriously think I've hit the jackpot of life, by having the best of family and friends. No drama or bullshit (or any other crap that can come in the way of relationships), just complete love and support all around. Of course so many other things come to mind, from large and small and everything in between. I know for a fact I forget to take a step back and look at how amazing life is and all the beautiful things inside of it. 

I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving and meditates on all the blessings on in their life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts