Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving: Bay Area Love



I am finally back from an amazing vacation and visit back home. My five day vacation ended up being extended into a seven day trip, thanks to my flight being cancelled. And you know what? I truly enjoyed every second of it. It was seriously much needed. Lately, my head has been clouded with feelings of frustration and failure. This whole lack of a full-time job and money seriously eats away at me day by day. And having gone through depression just not so long ago, I'm scared that those thoughts will push me back to those dark times again. But I keep fighting my way out. This vacation allowed me to relax, clear my mind, become really motivated and most importantly have faith that something good is coming my way.

My first day home me and my sister went on a true bay adventure. It started off with lunch in Jack London in Oakland. My sister took me to a cute little restaurant called chop bar. We wanted to have breakfast originally, but it was too late. So instead I chowed down on some fish tacos instead. Well, whats lunch without a little dessert? So we decided to to feed our sweet tooth. We headed to CREAM in Berkeley, which is an ice-cream sandwich shop. You get build your own ice cream sandwich by picking what type of cookie and ice-cream you want. I wish I would have taken pictures, but we were too busying stuffing our faces. And the last leg of our bay trip was across the bridge to San Francisco. We did a lot of driving around and sighting and stopped to get some macaroons. And of course we made it a must to go down Lombard street and across the Golden Gate Bridge. I haven't been back home to the Bay in almost a year, so it was interesting to see what has changed and what still looks the same.

The rest of my trip was filled with spending time with family, friends, and relaxing. My dearest grandpa is recovering from surgery so he has been in an assisted living home, doing physical therapy and what not. I am happy to see that he is getting better, but he is definitely not the same. Its kind of scary because my grandpa has always been so healthy, and seeing him like that makes me sad. But the good news is he is feeling better and stronger each day, and for that I am thankful.  I cannot wait to head home again for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts