Sunday, October 14, 2012

Church-Goer



I love going to church. When I walk out of a service, I feel such an overwhelming feeling of positivity. I feel like I want to do good,  make changes, help others,  stay busy, connect with friends, have hope, have faith, and try to be holy in all that I do throughout the week. Its just such a great feeling and it makes me want to focus all my energy into doing great things. Lately, I've been switching things up by attending service early in the morning. And its great to go first thing in the morning to have a clear mind throughout the rest of the day.  I hope to take more time in my life for God.

I know lately my head has been clouded. I have been negative and I have been feeling down. This whole "job search" has been getting the best of me. I thought because I worked hard in college, and got a tough degree (biology) that getting a job would be easy. I felt that I was entitled and that I was deserving of it. I thought because I have struggled my whole life and have been working and have been highly responsible since I was 16, that I should be catching a break at this point of my life. But I know that is not true. I find myself getting jealous over friends who can take nice trips, buy new cars, and own fancy designer things. I know there are so many deserving people out there who have been put in some unfair situations. Thats life. I can only have faith and continue to work hard. I just have to remember this is temporary. And on God's time everything will work out for me. Everything happens for a reason, and this period of my life will make me strong.


Years ago I would have never thought that I would "love" going to church. But I am proud to say that it molds, shapes me, and makes me into a happy girl with a serving and open heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts